Since a long time, I had been hearing about a healthy alternative for rice, which is Quinoa. So, finally we got hold of a small packet to try it out. Also, lately, I have become very fond of Avocado and try to add it to my meals in some way. So today, I decided to cook some Rajma (Red Kidney Beans) to go with Quinoa and then have it in a bowl with sauteed veggies, avocado and cucumber. The meal is apt to be served to kids as well, either at home or to pack in their lunch box.
- 1 cup Lentils/Beans (You may take any lentils/beans of your choice)
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- Red, Orange, and green bell peppers half each
- 1 onion
- Prepare Lentils/Beans curry (you can either make the gravy or cook it dry as you like. I have not shared the curry recipe here, shall do so in different post.)
- Cook quinoa in a pressure cooker. 2 and 1/2 cups of water for 1 cup quinoa
- Cut the avocado & cucumber into small pieces, spray and mix with salt and pepper. Keep them in a separate bowl.
- Cut the onion and bell peppers into small pieces. Saute them all together, with some salt to taste. Keep the mixture separate.
- Once everything is ready, you can combine the ingredients as per your desired proportion, and enjoy the serving.